torsdag den 22. februar 2018

They Live



What can I say about this movie... One of my all-time favorites. I absolutely love John Carpenter, I can say it´s my favorite director.
They Live is a 1988 science fiction horror film written and directed by John Carpenter. The film stars Roddy Piper in his most famous role, who discovers that the ruling class is aliens concealing their appearance and manipulating people to spend money, breed, and accept the status quo with subliminal messages in mass media. It is based on the 1963 short story "Eight O'Clock in the Morning" by Ray Nelson.
The only way you can break through all the noise and see through the aliens´disguise is by using a pair of special glasses, which reveals their real hidden face and all the hidden messages surrounding people everywhere. I almost wish there was a sequel.

So many years have passed and if you see this now, it still impacts. I guess more than ever. We are surrounded by technological development that, instead of making us better people, it makes us vile, stupid and behave like sheep. The media have trapped us and there´s no Roddy Piper to save our asses.
The soundtrack is brilliant and so is the ending of the movie.
It´s funny and awesome, one of the greatest from the Master and one of the greatest and most iconic 80s movies. 
Almost.

IMDB: