mandag den 18. december 2017

Slime City



Going back to my cheesy 80s horror mood. I guess it´s because the Xmas season is upon us.Gonna try and make this a decent review for the sake of Per. I tried, dude. I tried...
Slime City is considered a cult movie and rightly so. It´s funny and the gore is pretty decent.It starts with Alex and his girlfriend renting a new apartment. There he meets a scantily dressed goth chick who, as the movie progresses, turns out to be possessed by a satanist who committed suicide. He also meets Roman, a goth dude who invites him over for dinner and feeds him some Himalayan yogurt or a very weird green goo. That green goo makes Alex turn into the incredible melting man: his body turns into a messy goo and the only way to turn back to normal is to kill people.

At first I thought it was a very fucked up STD, since he had a quite PG-rated sex session with the goth chick and I kinda wished it was it since the movie takes an occult spin with a satanist cult and demonic possession which, as far I´m concerned, it´s not funny anymore but ok.
Overall it´s a fun movie to watch. The dialogues are not very bad, I actually burst out laughing a couple of times although the acting is not great. It´s not painful to watch even so it´s cool.
The fx are very decent, I liked the slimy face effect and the scene where Alex dies a la Re-Animator is one of the funniest scenes ever! Trust me, it makes the movie worth watching. There´s even a reference to Videodrome in one of the murder scenes. Pretty cool little movie.

Wikepedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slime_City                                                                                                                                                                                                                 :