tirsdag den 23. januar 2018

Maniac Cop


An 80s slasher favorite and a cult movie. Though I´m not really into it, I´m afraid. I mean, I like it. But it can be a bit boring...

Matthew Cordell is a murderous ex-cop returned from the dead and basically the movie plot is him taking revenge on the city that caused his demise, though in the movie is not very clear why, they refer police brutality but maybe the origin story could have been a bit worked on more, and that kinda kills it a bit.

The absence of a memorable death and gore scenes is also a downer but I gotta say it´s awesome when Maniac Cop enters the scene. I love the scene where he makes the kid jump out of his car without saying a word. Awesome. And Bruce Campbell is on it too so hey! Not all it´s bad.

The photography is kinda meh and so is the editing. Which disappoints me since I heard the movie had a budget of $1.1 million.
Anyway, it is a cool movie. It spawned two sequels that I´ll look into soon. 


IMDB: