onsdag den 25. april 2018

Lacrimi si Sfinti - S/T

First time I heard this I wasn´t pleased, just wasn´t in the mood for it. I waited for 4-5 months and gave it a spin again, why?. Because the cover-artwork being so damn attractive (and beautiful) to the likes of me. It just HAD to be good!. I was lucky, I was in the mood for this (as we speak). Why? I don't know. The hot and moist spring weather irritates me, and I need to cool down to something cold instead of sweating like a pig.  


And this just made my day, perfect for chilling with additional levitating side-effects attached to it! The title means Saints and Tears, and there´s also a restaurant in Romania that goes by the same name!...whatever. This act hails from two countries, Germany and Spain. Two guys getting it together two create one and LOOONG atmospheric dark-ambient piece (1 hour and 1.25 minute long!). And it actually turned out to be a good one! 

Human-like vocal chords altered into ghost´ish drones, torturous razor-sharp violin-like strings, static and humming metallic cathedral like-echoes, eerie mind-buggering sound-glitchness, warped radio-like voices, and distorted looped guitar work (I think), and an improvised and interesting drums part in the end. Sounds like one through and frozen expression being spiritually channelized through a very large and deep hole in the ground. Or just feeling completely frozen in a fog-dense graveyard, being surrounded by silent statues and monuments while unseen and disturbed spirits of the dead touch your very mind with ice-cold fingers! The whole recording basically feels like a cold shower in the hot summer. Strangely pleasant while scary at the same time, enjoying your very last moment on Earth before whatever dreadful event is being bound to happen at any moment! The end of the album confirms that!


A sound-journey worth the damn rick! It can give you that levitating feeling as well for the falling/descending kind of feeling. Fans of early Cluster and drone/ambient related releases done by Controlled Bleeding and even Nurse With Wound. Limited to 30 copies on Spanish label Marbre Negre (so be quick!). Give it a try on a hot and moist day, freshened me up for sure!


Bandcamp: