søndag den 13. maj 2018

Luke Holland - Odium

Had this release on my shelve for over 1 year now, I had to do some shopping at the local supermarket and I needed something to drown away the human-noise/activity, I then decided to give the double-cassette release Odium a go on my cassette-player/walkman with auto reverse, stereo - hi-fi with mega bass. It was a good treat, I have used it the last ... 20 times I think. Good thing to be in cozy company with Mr. Holland, just when you are out to buy milk, butter, coffee, bread and diapers for your youngest son/kid. With titles like Traumatic Bonding and No Longer A Victim, your "bound" to have a good time!

Limited to 30 copies and sold out on Moral Defeat´s Bandcamp site, which shouldn't come as a surprise since it is an "older" release, released on 18th of April 2016. But of course, it is still available as a digital release... and yes I do recommend it!. So, who is Luke Holland and what kind of stuff fills a double 30 minutes cassette release?

I will not try to describe each of these excellent 4 tracks, but I will (and try) to give them all an overall description/review. They all fit into different industrial/noise styles and moods really, but one specific theme/mood are more dominant than the others. Old-school death-industrial, others would call it cold electronics or heavy ambient noise. Being quite heavy in sound, slow like dragging yourself through a small hole, atmospheric like a huge and moist cellar room... could actually work as a soundtrack for the art-horror house movie Begotten (if you ask me). Death-industrial for HNW/ANW fans maybe? it kind of exists between those two styles in a way. I am pleased, and so should you!.


For those who don´t know who Luke Holland, I can reveal to you that he is the ringleader for Australian label Trapdoor tapes. Being also part of Armour Group, with also members from Military Position. Also, with another solo output called Mshing. Most of his stuff is available on his own label (Trapdoor Tapes), while this release came out on Moral Defeat.  


Bandcamp (label):

Storenvy (label):