torsdag den 31. marts 2022

 Barrera - No Inputs Awake My Interest



The big question remains. What do the elephant-man and the extreme industrial-noise label Marbre Negre have in common? A not too old HNW act called Barrera, an act which has its focuses on no-input mixer techniques. This one called No Inputs Awake My Interest was released last year on Marbre Negre, is the second newest release from this act. It´s a monstrous noise treat with two untitled 30 minutes tracks, one on each side of the cassette. 

The A-side sounds like the burning of gas with hypnotic, static, and humming ambient tones in the background. The funny thing about it, is that earlier today I heard it on my phone... and now I am listening to the cassette. The sound is somehow... different. No question about it is that the cassette sounds well... more raw and analog. While the digital streaming sounded more digital... I guess it makes sense. I like this track a lot. Not a brutal HNW punch to your face, but an almost pleasant and hypnotic force of sound. Cracking sounds on fire, the sound of gas escaping, ventilation systems, and all that. Top HNW so far!.  



The B-side is a bit more aggressive. The sounds are nastier. The sounds of hot boiling water and burning exhaustion in a huge basement room. More static than the former A-side track, and a bit more mind-bending as well (I think I can hear some kind of music in the background). I was reading this older creepy paste called Russian Sleep Experiment. Try reading that one while listening to this B-side. 

No Inputs Awake My Interest will awaken your interests as well. Been too long since the last time I have reviewed an HNW release, and what a joy it was to review this one. A constant and brutal static monster with epic undertones. Experience a religious experience with HNW, here is your poison! 
  

Bandcamp (label):