tirsdag den 30. januar 2018

Heksemøte - Den Andre Heksemøte



I was in dying need to review some wall, and I was wondering why I haven´t done a wall review for ages. Turned out that the reason for that was that I wasn´t a member of the HNW-dedicated group on Facebook. I like to hear wall, and I (in return) review it and post it. Looks like I have to... stalk out my wall-needs. Nonetheless, I was lucky in stalking this fantastic 2-track 30+ minutes digital mini-album, which have been released on Earthwalker Recordings 22nd of January. The same label which released the excellent Veil of Nature one (see former review). 

So here we are dealing with DEEP and atmospheric ambient-noise-wall. The act is called Heksemøte and they are from Italy, and there´s a lot more from them on their own Bandcamp site. 

Ritualistic occult-moods drowned in a deep fog in a swampy bog. Subsonic reverbed bass walls give u a feeling of being almost buried, deep beneath the earth. Or the same kind of feeling when you are walking through a forest, with a heavy fog preventing you to see anything. And you probably know how sound is in a fog, right? Maybee we are underground in the hidden lair where the dreaded Son of Yog-Sototh is hiding... deep beneath the witch-haunted village of Dunwich? It´s all for you to decide. 



It is funny how anw/hnw work, you look at the cover-art and give it a listen. I wonder what pictures of my imagination would be in my mind... without that photo/picture that comes with this release. Something stressful and strangely soothing at the same time, like hiding from something in the dark knowing that you are safe at the moment. A shelter of sound if you like. A good release that is good for isolated moments in your warm basement, recommended.


Bandcamp (Earthwalker Recordings):

Bandcamp (Heksemøte):