torsdag den 5. oktober 2017

Begotten



Anywho, yes, I think this was the first movie I watched with the "I´m so intellectual, uhhhhh" in mind. I was 17 so you have to excuse me.
The truth is I watched it but I didn´t understand what the fuck I was watching. I only understood it years after. And yes, this one is filled with what the fuckery...
First, the initial scene where God is killing himself, it´s still very unsettling. After all these years it still makes me twitch a bit. And the following is no better. Shame on you, Mother Earth.
Visually, it´s stunning. I love the grainy look of it and the shadowy and all. And the almost absence of soundtrack (it has one but it´s very incidental) makes it even more unsettling and disturbing.
I never forgot one of the scenes, when the "convulsing all of the time" Son of Earth crawls on what appears to be a desert or open field or something. For a few seconds, he looked like paper. It was beautiful and disturbing at the same time as if it symbolized the fragility of the human spirit, and the crawling the pain we dwell in ( see? intellectual :p )
Alas, it has some downs. It is visually beautiful and some scenes are quite disturbing but after a while it gets boring. Maybe I´m not so easily impressed as when I was 17...
Overall, a classic.
P.S.: Shadow of the Vampire is awesome. I have it on VHS and the first time I saw it I thought it was brilliant. Gotta revisit that soon too!


Written by Eli Teixeira

Wikepedia:


IMDB: