torsdag den 5. oktober 2017

Whistle and I´ll Come To You


Whistle and I'll Come to You is a short movie about an old tale by M.R. James originally named "Oh, Whistle, And I'll Come To You, My Lad".



It´s basically about an introverted academic who happens upon a strange whistle while exploring a cemetery on the East Anglian coast. When blown, the whistle unleashes a supernatural force that terrorizes its discoverer.

I´m not crazy about ghost stories and I have to say the movie is pretty meh. Though the atmosphere is pretty awesome. The black and white shoot and the absence of soundtrack make it quite eery, and I like how the specter appears on the beach. They made it using a rag!

And the sounds it made were pretty cool.
Overall, it´s a nice little movie though it´s not really my thing. It wins my respect and interest because of the methods used and the ambient.


Review was written by Eli Teixeira

IMDB:


M.R James: